Sunday, June 21, 2009

for the love of BUNKFACE

I was just too tired to type this all out yesterday. Owh well.. here goes...

20 June 2009

I have never been to a gig before. The vision of a gig, I get from watching kami episodes and the movie on Youtube. So, yeah, there was an ad on tv about a FREE concert called "Rockaway" by One Buck Short and friends;Bittersweet,Couple and all these other indie bands. For the love of one particular song by Bunkface, Situasi, my cousins and I decided to evade this so-called free concert and see what the fuss was all about. It was supposed to start at 1 pm. Yeah.Rite. How about 2.30 pm?

To add to my vocabulary, from my first so-called concert I learned some new terms;" mosh", people who mosh are moshers, which are basically people in a circle, or the"wall", moshing or more like pushing, bumping and hitting people while listening to screamo songs! Not my kind of music and I was telling myself," oh come on.. enough already". I asked my cousin, " mmg cam neh ke?" and she just nodded. Way to go culture shock!

The lead singer of a band, fresh one I guess, since my knowledge of the indie world is very superficial, Medusa was clad in a white t-shirt, kinda cute with "rolling r's" in his opening speech, saying.. " ourrrr songs arrrrrrreee hardcorreee" and "let's startttttttttt". Bottom line is, me no likey hard core coz everyone goes mad, i tell ya!!

Songs by the band couple are quite listenable. Certainly a crowd go-er. I only know one of their songs though. Maybe, they should have their own spot on the air.

Stuff I learned:

1. Beware of ur belongings.

2.Everyone wears black.
3.Do not try and get out of the crowd when the band is moving on to the next song. Move when they are changing bands.
4.People PUSH! My cousin was even slapped.
5. Stay away from the MOSH PIT if you don't want to die!

6. "Hard-core moshing" is brutal.
7. Don't wear new shoes!
8. Be prepared to sweat like crazy.





Dinner was at TGI, pavi.. a scrumptious burger with fried mac and cheese.. yum yum...

It's funny how I was youtubing and I found a clip on moshing and concert survival which I should have read wayyyy sooner! put on some jeans, a black shirt and converse shoes, and be a part of the crowd.And they should provide more rubbish bins coz the place was a mess! Come on la people, civilized dah kot!

Last2, x den tgk si bunkface neh ha. pnat je berpeluh.
The only thing was awesome we were in the second row, so our view was not a view of an ocean of sweaty heads. Not bad for a "first" concert ey? So, yeah, I didn't get to see bunface belt out situasi after all, which was a bummer because that's the only reason I went there in the first place. ONE BAND and ONE SONG! But I guess, it's the experience that counts after all... for the love of bunkface ... haihs.. =( and I guess, my view on the indie world is kinda different now. Maybe, they should get more recognition after all. My first gig/concert.. owh yeah. =)

p/s: i hope tok mak is getting better~ love u lots!

5 comments:

Stay Sane Mama said...

omg laapar gila tgk gambar makanan.
makanan.makanan.nyum2

n a d y a said...

omg. i want to go to one of those things tooo but without people judging me. isk :(

APRILovesBLACKcoffee.....* said...

for the love x japan, i am soooo going to their coming gig at NYC, kalo confirm depa buat ah. isk. xkireee, WAJIB. before they disband for good.
mizah, jom! jom! jom!

Fathi-Faruq said...

trashbins at concerts?

I can only LOL mizah.

LOL :p

Danial said...

Yes. That was what I usually do when I was gigging back in Malaysia (did it 2x here too). Except in a hardcore pit because I don't really know how to hardcore dance. Haha.

At first impression, you would say it's all senseless violence but when you get the hang of it actually it's all fun. People in the pit do look out for each other e.g. help one out if they fell & know their limits. Kalau jenis yang nak cari gaduh tu dah lama kena halau from the grounds.

Bottom line: respect!