Friday, May 22, 2009

update on life

Well, it's so funny when I look at my blog, thinking to myself about how time has passed me by these last few months. A lot has happened. A lot. Last updated, 4 months ago, hahaha.. what blog is updated in 4 months? Mine! Yeah, i was that LAZY! Okay, lazy is overrated. Firstly, you gotta be in the mood to write and secondly BUSY is a more appropriate word, I suppose. Well,seems like I have all the time in the world now, I think it is finally time for me to write "significant" stuff on the things in life.Now, I'm writing my heart out at 3.02 am in the morning at home sweet home a.k.a Jitra. I can't sleep. Well, the reason for that is totally obvious jet lag or sleeping at the wrong times? I sleep, sleep and sleep some more?

While I craft these words while listening to the "music" by Justin Timberlake and T.I " dead and gone", THIS JUST IN: an update on the current stats on life. 2 days ago was scrumptious nasi lemak, yesterday with roti canai with Mum's fish curry, with FRESH fish! yeah, no more frozen tilapia.. at least for now.. =) I can't wait for mum's gulai ketam.. no more imitation crab meat.. haha.. u know the type sold in sticks used in yong tau fu.. ah.. the yong tau fu at the pasar malam, I so miss you! Then, there's freshly baked bread coz mum has a bread maker now, and otak2.. my favourite! owh and of course, laksa.. ymuu...more of food later...=)

The 19 hours journey was okay, I guess. A lot of sleeping. Watched "bride wars" which was boring and "yes, man" which was equally not so entertaining. Constantly awoken by the stewardess for " moslem meals". We get to eat before everyone else which was okay. The menu, bread, briyani with some chicken curry, some chicken fried in some type of batter, not bad, I must say. We landed at around 1800 hours and got screened for temperature at the aiport but that was about it, suprisingly.

I took a flight to Penang International Airport, which got delayed. My bag was overweight, because the limit was 20 kg, but I made the pity face "i'm-tired-and-i-don't-care" look and she closed one eye, I guess. As for the delayed flight due to technical problems, I asked the people at the counter if I could go and grab dinner. They said to just leave my boarding pass. So, I went all the way to the other side to burger king to have my first authentic beef burger in a very long time. And while I was enjoying my delicious burger, they called for people to board the flight. I'm like wut the? So, I grabbed my stuff and was practically the last one to board the plane.phewww.. !

I was going to surprise my mom, act out the scene in " Love Actually" where everyone is reunited at the end, which didn't turn out as a surprise after all since my mom found out that I was coming home like 1 day before I departed from JFK which pretty much sucks coz I kept this secret for like the past 5 months? 1 day difference! Yeah,so because of the swine flu thingy, my dad had to tell my mom about me coming home. Oh well, it was worth a try. But my sister was overwhelmed that when I reached home that she even cried. I'm like.. woah....tears of joy.. haha...

But as of now, I'm quarantining myself from the world. Just to be safe. =) I love the feeling of being able to wake up and see mom and dad. You just get that safe feeling, ya know? For my friends in the US, have a wonderful summer and take care guys! miss ya! and yes, I have finally updated my blog~ =)

No comments: